Young, confused, and looking to get help on divorce!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santana081180

I am 23, and made the mistake of getting married after knowing this man for only 2 months. After we married, it seemed all he was worried about was getting put on my bank account. I put him on of course, and he really ruined my account as well as my credit. We married on 5-10-02 in Ohio. One of thoes quickie marriages. I live in Michigan, and he lives in Texas. We have been parted for 8 months now. Not legally separated. We have a son together, he is 10 months old. He does not have a part in his life, not at all. He does not even call to see how he is. The last time he saw his son was 8 months ago. He was supposed to send me divorce papers, but never does. I have no Idea where he lives in Texas, so I am unable to send the papers to him. I cannot afford a lawyer, so I am trying to do the papers up myself. I can not call him either, I have no number for him.. He knows my phone number, but does not call. I have never gone through this before, what should I do????

Try to seek help through a womens advocate center....just because you are not being physically abused does not mean that you can't get help through their center. Call the crisis line (i.e. Womenspace) and ask them for help and resources...a lot of them provide lawyers free of charge, classes, support groups, and a list of resources where to get help!

Most states allow you to file the paperwork yourself and the judge will default in your favor if they cannot find your spouse to serve him. Also....most court houses have an on-site advocate that will help you get your papers together and review evertyhing before you go to the judge.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back