Consumer Law, Warranties Wyotech Program Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedSomeAnswers

Hello,

I'm currently residing in Daly City, California and go to Wyotech of Fremont in California as well. This is an automotive trade school and I'm currently attending their smog program. My question is that when I originally signed up for this course, which is 6 weeks, the administration told me that the class is suppose to be $2995 for the six weeks. Recently I found out that one of my other classmates paid $1995 for the course.

Some of my classmates have already brought this to the attention of the administration but they denied or don't know that the student had paid a different price than we have. I was wondering on how I will be able to obtain a refund for the $1000 difference because nowhere on the schools' website do they state any prices for ANY of the courses that the school offers.

The only thing different is that the student that paid the $1995 price was never a student of Wyotech and the 6 others including me, were existing students that took this class as an add-on. I don't see why there should be a difference in price even though the other gentleman is from the work field. We are all learning the same material regardless and there's no different treatment in course material.

Thank you!

People get different prices and special discounts all the time.

You'll never get the $1,000 back from this caper.

The school doesn't have to charge everyone the same price.

Besides, the other guy could be lying.

He could have had some of his tuition paid by his employer or someone else.

I apologize, I also forgot to add that I DO have receipts with prices on what the course entails. I have both my copy AND of the student that was nice enough to let me make copies as well. It's shown here on paper of how much he paid. SO couldn't I use that as proof?

I apologize, I also forgot to add that I DO have receipts with prices on what the course entails. I have both my copy AND of the student that was nice enough to let me make copies as well. It's shown here on paper of how much he paid. SO couldn't I use that as proof?

You can try.

People can always try.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, so go for it.

You could get lucky.

But, I can't recall the last time anyone just gave back a $1,000 refund because someone asked.

Most businesses won't give back a $1.00.

As I said, there is nothing illegal about selling the same service to different people for different prices.

Airlines, hotels, car rental companies, movie theaters, theme parks, restaurants, and many other businesses do this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back