Wrongfully fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent007

I am writing to get advice as I was recently fired from a Pharmaceutical company. I feel the firing was wrong and I did not deserve to be let go. Here is my situation. The Fall of 2008 i was diagnosed with Depression caused by a chemical imbalance. I was prescribed medicine and was given time off with pay by my company. I was told to return to work on Ocober 1st after a approved 2 month leave of abscence. I continued trying to work but was still not feeling like myself-i worked a couple of months again and was granted an approved short term leave of abscence for the month of Jan. while I tried another type of anti-depressant per my doctor. I returned to work in Feb feeling better and determined to get better and continued my weekly therapy sessions with my doctor. This past March (2009) I received a call from my company HR Dept stating that I was going to go thru a re-training program do help me improve myself with the company and they seemed helpful about getting me back on track with all that I had bee going thru medically. Then the very next day I got a call from a Regional Mgr for the company who told me I was fired!! Was I in your opinion legally done wrong by this Mgr after getting that call from company HR Dept the day before saying I was getting re-trained??? I have medical documentation to prove what I was going thru. I think I was done wrong!!! What legal rights do I have to get some closure or some type of compensation from the Pharmaceutical co. I was a valued employee at this company for over 15 years.

Last edited:
Did they give you a reason for why you were being let go?
You said they were going to retrain you.... do you have documented performance evaluations?

I'm not thinking you have much of a complaint. They employer probably doesn't see you as being very dependable anymore and probably doesn't want to retrain someone who takes off for months at a time. You were granted paid leave and given all the time off you needed... it will be hard to say they didn't give you a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back