Wrongfully accused...I have proof

Ashlynned123

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Hi! A few background details first: I'm 18 right now and this happened a few months ago. I was accused of raping my cousin (she is severely mentally ill, this isn't the first accusation like this). I began working at an outpatient therapy center called Fernbrook. My cousin uses services from them. She made a false Child Protective Service report about me. I originally passed the background check to work at this center but a few days in my cousin brought it up to my boss. I was then fired because of the accusations on the report. I got a copy of the report and it said the date of last incident was March 29, 2017. Problem with this is I was in Florida at that time on a band trip with my high school. This is a problem because we live in Minnesota. How could I do that from Florida? I have other proof put together in a document I can provide.

How could I do that from Florida? I have other proof put together in a document I can provide.

I am unclear on why you're trying to prove a negative.

If you've been accused of a crime, the state has to prove your guilt.

You aren't required to prove your innocence.

If, however, you're trying to prove to an employer you didn't do something to get your job back, forget that, too!

I suggest you speak to a couple lawyers in the county where you reside.

If there is a legal remedy available to you, one of the lawyers will be able to discuss the remedy with you.

I am unclear on why you're trying to prove a negative.

If you've been accused of a crime, the state has to prove your guilt.

You aren't required to prove your innocence.

If, however, you're trying to prove to an employer you didn't do something to get your job back, forget that, too!

I suggest you speak to a couple lawyers in the county where you reside.

If there is a legal remedy available to you, one of the lawyers will be able to discuss the remedy with you.
Why wouldn't I try to get my job back? (not trying to be rude. I'm actually wondering) I'm not trying to prove a negative. I'm simply saying if need be, I can provide proof that it couldn't have happened.

Why wouldn't I try to get my job back? (not trying to be rude. I'm actually wondering) I'm not trying to prove a negative. I'm simply saying if need be, I can provide proof that it couldn't have happened.
The employer isn't required to re-hire you EVEN IF you provide proof that you didn't assault the client. And as this girl believes you raped her...why would you risk working there?

The employer isn't required to re-hire you EVEN IF you provide proof that you didn't assault the client. And as this girl believes you raped her...why would you risk working there?
I understand that they don't have to rehire me. However, when they let me go, they told me I was allowed to reapply. The CPS report was made almost a year before I even started working there. I would love to work here again. It brought me so much happiness which is something I haven't really felt since this happened. This job is also the first step into getting my foot in the door for my future career. She was my cousin before she was ever their client.

"You are allowed to reapply" and "if you reapply you are guaranteed to get your job back" are not the same thing.

Why wouldn't I try to get my job back?

You are free to try anything you wish to do.

I don't own you.

I don't control you.

I don't care what you do, or to whom you do it to, unless you try to do it to me or one of mine.

I'm not trying to prove a negative.

If you say so, you're free to believe it.

I'm simply saying if need be, I can provide proof that it couldn't have happened.

Again, since you made it personal, I don't give a tinker's darn what you prove or fail to prove.

Back