Wrongful Termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what yoru reading or where but being employed for any time period make a contract implied or otherwise. A system of discipline does not "have" to be followed unless there is an 'actual" cba or employment contract. Its a guideline more or less and ameans for employer/employee to protect themselves. "At will" seems to be case here as no contract implied or otherwise exists or can be proven. Just because handbook does not document issues of "relationships" does not mean an 'at will" employer cannot terminate for there being one. I think your points are a bit of a reach and if OP pursed these avenues would be laughed at

Not sure what yoru reading or where but being employed for any time period make a contract implied or otherwise. A system of discipline does not "have" to be followed unless there is an 'actual" cba or employment contract. Its a guideline more or less and ameans for employer/employee to protect themselves. "At will" seems to be case here as no contract implied or otherwise exists or can be proven. Just because handbook does not document issues of "relationships" does not mean an 'at will" employer cannot terminate for there being one. I think your points are a bit of a reach and if OP pursed these avenues would be laughed at

That the poster would be laughed at for consulting with a lawyer is, in itself a bit of a reach. If it was me, I'd not settle for just unemployment until finding another job. I would at least consult with an attorney on the matter. Until then, you or I wouldn't know what the poster could achieve or not. If he doesn't at least try, then he will never know one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back