Wrongful Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuloid

My current company "A" is using a missing piece of information from my employment application as a ground for termination after my employment with them for 9 months. I feel that this information was not significant and was a non-deliberate omission on my part. The omission was that during my past employment with them 13 years ago (which lasted 5 days as I was recruited back by my ex-employee) they had served me with an injunction to hold confidential any knowledge/IP I had gained during those five days. Later this same knowledge/IP was trasferred from company A to company B by acquisition. I had completely forgotten about this thing as it was not consequential later. Can company A use this technicality which seems to be trivial to me as a ground for termination?

Yes, they can.

A wrongful termination means that the employer is prohibited by law from terming you for the reason they did. There is no law prohibiting them from terming you because of an incomplete application. Just because it seems trivial to you does not make it a wrongful term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back