Wrongful Termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobsGirl88

I was fired from my job because I was diagnosed with being a carrier of MRSA (Staph infection.) One of my co-workers had just been diagnosed with cancer and had started Chemo-therapy. Her doctor wrote my bosses a letter stating that she couldn't work around me due to being a carrier of MRSA. Do I have a wrongful termination case or did they have the right to fire me because of this?

A wrongful termination means that a specific law exists which prohibits the employer from firing you for the reason they did.

What law do you think was violated?

I'm not being snarky; I'm looking for information so I can try to answer your question.

You can be terminated for almost any reason in most states. My question is, how did your employer know you have MRSA and why are you in fact at work exposing your co-workers? You do have a very serious bacterial infection. My friend was hospitalized for 10 days after getting it. Chances are the firing was legal, or they could have asked you to take a medical leave until you are cleared up. Someone that has cancer has a weakend immune system. Their cancer is not contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back