Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft wrongful shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnerspub

wife wrongfully accused twice of shoplifting from cvs. accused in front of many customers and the second time was followed closely by local police officer. cvs admitted error, fired employees involved

Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

Why does she continue to shop there? Time to switch to Walgreens. Is she doing something or acting suspicious? Seems a little wierd that they are just picking on her.

I'm going to reply to this over in the Defamation and Slander forum, because your post over there has much better facts.

You're right though Jacksgal, I probably jumped the gun. .. but there's always "Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress" which rarely works. . .

Reading both threads there is no clear "arrest". Therefore the "false arrest" suit assumption is out of question. A call to CVS District or corporate should right the wrong and probably get clerk fired with good cause. My husband's has him cross paths with many retailers CVs is one. I can assure you this is not a normal procedure and if the right people are aware it will be stopped. Rask not to be rude but jumping in with bad info can cause more harm than good!

frisky coversation. i will list events in more detail. the cvs in question is located in an exclusive neighborhood where everybody knows everbody and gossip flourishes like a toilet that overflows in a busy bar. my wife and i own a popular bar one block away, know the cvs employees personally, and have been shopping there for 13 years. the day she walked in and was stopped by the cashier there were 7 customers in line that were our neighbors and bar customers. the cashier loudly informed my wife that she could not shop here anymore, that she was caught on videotape stealing a brush and mirror, and that she had to leave the store. my wife was with her 14 year old daughter that she has recently reestablished a relationship with. i just found out today that this cashier was asked to inform my wife of this decision by the store manager who was present when my wife walked in the store. we both know the manager well. the manager was told my wife was watched stealing on a video by another manager that has been recently fired. my wife left the store crying and embarrassed and came home as we live one block away. i returned and spoke with the manager and she indicated to me it was a possible mistake and my wife could return to the store. the next day i was stopped near my business by our local beat cop and he told me that the store manager told him that wife was caught stealing at her store. i returned home and felt horror that maybe my wife was a thief and had some wierd double life. my conversation did not go well with my wife as she sensed my doubting her honesty. the conversation got ugly and she told me if i thought she was a thief then she could no longer bartend at our business as she handles our cash everyday. i have had to close my bar down during the day as she would fill in bartend on day shifts. i told her i believed her but she felt depressed and angry with me and also felt that beat cop would talk about her as he walks by our business everyday. after a few weeks and much strained conversation i convinced her to go back into the store and shop. shopping at cvs was a big deal to her as we dont drive and they sell all her female products. that night she enters the store and to her horror the same cashier tells her to get out. this is weeks after the manager told me it was ok for her to shop there. after her initial shock wore off she angerly told the cashier to lock her up if she thought she was a thief and began shopping. a few minutes later the local cop walks in and literally stood right next to her as she picked up items to purchase. she avoided the buying the tampons she needed as this cop was standing so close that she got a panic attack and had to leave the store . she felt positive that he was going to lock her up. she was angry with me and is blaiming me for telling her it was all right to shop there again. i ran out and ask the beat cop why he followed her in the store. he said the store manager said that my wife was a thief and he felt obligated to watch her. the next day i informed the director of cvs loss prevention dept. ri and in one day the district manager said there was no video tape or evidence of my wife stealing and cvs apologises and welcomes her back into the store.

the insurance dictionary states: tort of wrongful confinement of an individual is not restricted to physical confinement but includes any unjustified limitation of anothers freedom of movement. if an individual is intimidated into responding to an order, the courts have interpreted this as false imprisonment. the columbia encyclopedia states that physical contact not necessary a show of authority or a threat of force can be limit anothers freedom of movement. it also states that you can sue for damages against private persons for any illegal total restraint of liberty. do you think the cashier, by refusing to allow my wife to freely shop at the store is a restraint of her liberty as she had no legal grounds to tell her to leave?

I will reframe from enduring the two page novel you just wrote. If you disagree with the views yu have recieved ignore them and contact an Attorney:yes:

most of the views i have read seem careless and without feeling. refrain from enduring? why are you on this site?. you have less concern for human rights, individuals right to shop without being degraded by a future jerry springer guest calling herself a cvs servant to the public. this site is not really a legal site and i guess i been punked.

Like so many others when we dont tell you what you want to hear we are useless!:yes: As yuo have been told by myself and others. Youare free to consult an Attorney. Since you dont want to hear anything expect "sue" then find an Attorney, if you can, that will take the action you desire.

i'm sorry, i did not mean to hurt your feelings but how else do you stop big corporations from removing themselves from "the bottom line" because of the pressure they put on their young employees to stop losses they have been quick to judge without proof or evidence and seem to have no concern for who they embarrass or hurt. my wife left that store twice crying her eyes out from their power to defame and hurt with little recourse. king authur, a knight does not falter in the face of adversity but perseveres, a knight knows when to act, when to consider and when to emphathize, a knight must defend and uphold the pure, innocent and helpless, and must respect all things and beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back