1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

wrongful parental rights termination

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by amanda metta, May 7, 2016.

  1. amanda metta

    amanda metta Law Topic Starter Guest

    is it possible to find free representation i filed a petition for leave of appeal with the illinois supreme court before the due date. but i dont know if i did it right or if my petition will be accepted im desperate to get my son back please help me
  2. Betty3

    Betty3 Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You might check with your local or state bar assoc. for a possible referral to a low cost/no cost attorney, local legal aid society or a law school in your area if there is one.
    Michael Wechsler likes this.
  3. Michael Wechsler

    Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    @Betty3 gave a good answer but I think that you'd have to have a compelling case to get any free legal assistance, especially with an appeal. After a court has ruled on the merits you'd probably need to convince someone that the court has made a mistake which warrants the assistance. Be prepared for that question as (a) you'll not find a sympathetic ear without it; and (b) your appeal will never be successful making the appeal effort moot.
    army judge likes this.

Share This Page