Eviction Grounds wrongful eviction judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBrionaP7

Me and my boyfriend rented thru a management group which disappeared and no one can find the company. Took everybody money and never gave any to the owners... We paid 6 months in advance and informed the owners and the new management company... then the new management company is claimed we haven't paid any rent and sent to eviction court... we went to court.. explained our story to the judge and our evidence... he ignored our evidence and without listening at all judged for the plaintiff and they knew what happened and now we are expected to pay for all these appeals and we are both in college... we pay our rent up with every 6 months with refund so the money we make goes towards our kids and utilities... so I'm just trying to see what are our options cause we have paid up our rent and the judge didn't even take anytime to listen to what actually happened.. and Sky group... the company that ran off with all the money cannot be found or contacted...

so legally what are our options?

If you have a claim, it's against the company that SCAMMED you. You apparently have paid real money to SCAMMERS.
Report the SCAM to the police.
Bring a small claims action.
See if the police can locate and prosecute the SCAMMERS, assuming your allegations can be proven.
If this happens, it'll take time.

You got evicted because you paid the SCAMMER.
The owner got SCAMMED by proxy.
That's why you got evicted.

Did this occur in Coryell County?
If so, contact the Copperas Cove Police or the Coryell County Sheriff.
I know of a similar scam in that county, too.

Always verify who you give money to, especially six months of rent payments.
Ask to see PROOF that you're paying the correct party.
Otherwise, don't rent that property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back