1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

wrongful eviction in sanfrancisco Eviction Defense

Discussion in 'Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by pura_puresa, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pura_puresa

pura_puresa Law Topic Starter New Member

what kind of damages,compensation can i get when i sue my ex-landlord for wrongful eviction.Currently Appealing judgement, confident to win. Myfamily of 5 were homeless for 6 months and we lost all property because of eviction. Was harrassed, discriminated against. They premeditated my eviction, slandered my name. They lied in court and caused severe pain and suffering to me and family. lifetime worth of personal property lost, stolen at that house. At trial, judge denied motion to dismiss case. In Appeal, all evidence in my favor. Because of the eviction our lives were turned upsidedown, and cause financial collapse, ruining my credit too. mental health in jeopardy, emotional distress. Also I have mental disability.

Pura Puresa likes this.
  2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

What kind of damages?.... Actual damages.

If all evidence supports you on appeal, it should have supported you initially.

pura_puresa likes this.
  3. Gail_in_Georgia

Gail_in_Georgia Moderator

You sue for the actual damages lost. Not for "mental health in jeopardy", etc..

Your focus should be on whether the actual eviction was illegal or not.

Gail

Pura Puresa likes this.
  4. pura_puresa

pura_puresa Law Topic Starter New Member

thanks....And yes it was illegal

Pura Puresa likes this.
  5. Jdayh

Jdayh New Member

anyone have an update on this case??

Pura Puresa likes this.
  6. guestpost

guestpost New Member

I have a very similar case. I was evicted as a 'nuisance' holdover due to my guests causing frequent commotions and me having to call security. The court found in the landlord's favor causing my eviction for essentially calling security too much. I appealed the case and when it came time for oral argument in the appellate court, the landlord's attorney didn't appear in court. If the case is reversed on appeal, do I have a claim for damages in a lawsuit.