Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Wrongful Arrest, Public Humiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy403

I was in a hospital for emergency surgery on January 13th, I didn't get discharged until January 16th, in the meantime someone was out in this big world trying to pass illegal controlled substance prescriptioins. After being discharged I was immobile for about 2 weeks, so my roommate went to get my medicine filled which was a controlled substance. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and nine days after the fact someone called the police and said that My roommate was the one trying to pass the prescription. He was arrested at work, almost lost his job, our house and cars were searched, and the public humiliation is horrible, niether one of us can sleep or get back to normal. This keep in mind was all a big mistake and we have been wrongfully accused, arrested, searched, and soforth. We now are waiting trial coming up at the end of February. In the meantime Life is almost unbearable at times. Do we have a lawsuit, and if so against who? The person that reported this, the police department, the city........PLEASE HELP !!!! My roommate was arrested for ILLEGAL POSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PRESCRIPTION, and didn't even have posession of anything, the police said that was why they searched the house and cars, but still NO evidence was found.

Last edited:
You may want to speak to an attorney -- this is the kind of case where you might even be able to negotiate a contingency fee. It will all depend upon the negligence or other intentional factors and facts as stated below. (If you wish, you can also contact us regarding representation at TheLaw.com, consultations@thelaw.com)

If there was no probable cause for the arrest and trial, you could likely recover for such damages as a result of the negligence, or gross negligence of the city employees. I can only wonder what the "reasonable cause" is for the arrest and subsequent trial. If there is none and the city has compounded their mistake... perhaps there may be a very good case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back