Wrong vin something Shady

katbarnes53

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am purchasing a car from Auto Way out of Union City I signed the contract on May 11 2016 I owe $425.00 due on August 8 2016. The dealership registered this car in my name for me. In having to do some repairs it was brought to my attention the vin does not match my contract and the car is 2 years older than the one on my contract.i contacted the dealer rep. that sold me the car and he will not fix the contract he wants me to bring him the car with the rest of the money and he said he would give me the title. The problem is my tag is not the correct tag for this car and my insurance is for the other car on my contract I can't drive this car it's not legal I don't know what to do. In the beginning he let me take the car to test drive for a couple of days and I left my car with him and in those couple of days without my permission he sold my car. I liked this car so I really was ok with it so I told him I would buy this car he knocked $1500 off the price of this car and then took off another $500 this car had some minor problems so I was good with that. Two days after he sold my car the person that bought it from him totaled my car he sold. I unregistered that car out of my name he I still owed on a title pawn not much was left owed he was supposed to pay it off but he did not so I know he never got the title. I told the title pawn the car had been wrecked. I don't know what to do. I'm scared he will take my money and the car. Can you tell me what I should do.

You may need an attorney to straighten this out. Something is shady for sure if you're driving one car and your contract is for another. For them to say they are not fixing the contract is crazy.
Do not give them any more money. Before going to an attorney you may try going to see the Owner/dealer and see if they can resolve this. Maybe it's just a salesperson who screwed up.

Can you tell me what I should do.

Appears that the GA Dept of Revenue licenses car dealers. I suggest you find a local office where you can take your car and copies of all your paperwork and file a complaint against the dealer.

Try that before spending money on a lawyer.

I am purchasing a car from Auto Way out of Union City I signed the contract on May 11 2016 I owe $425.00 due on August 8 2016. The dealership registered this car in my name for me. In having to do some repairs it was brought to my attention the vin does not match my contract and the car is 2 years older than the one on my contract.i contacted the dealer rep. that sold me the car and he will not fix the contract he wants me to bring him the car with the rest of the money and he said he would give me the title. The problem is my tag is not the correct tag for this car and my insurance is for the other car on my contract I can't drive this car it's not legal I don't know what to do. In the beginning he let me take the car to test drive for a couple of days and I left my car with him and in those couple of days without my permission he sold my car. I liked this car so I really was ok with it so I told him I would buy this car he knocked $1500 off the price of this car and then took off another $500 this car had some minor problems so I was good with that. Two days after he sold my car the person that bought it from him totaled my car he sold. I unregistered that car out of my name he I still owed on a title pawn not much was left owed he was supposed to pay it off but he did not so I know he never got the title. I told the title pawn the car had been wrecked. I don't know what to do. I'm scared he will take my money and the car. Can you tell me what I should do.

There are several potential civil liabilities against you in this whacky deal, but you're also exposed to potential criminal charges for the car title loan deal.

Adjuster Jack's suggestion is a place to start.
Whatever you do, don't do a deal like this again.
That car wreck is also out there.
No telling where that goes.

It sounds like the title loan payoff was part of the deal so the dealer was supposed to pay it off, so it shouldn't be an issue and neither would the car wreck come back on him (assuming he has the paperwork showing he made the trade to the dealer).

It sounds like the title loan payoff was part of the deal so the dealer was supposed to pay it off, so it shouldn't be an issue and neither would the car wreck come back on him (assuming he has the paperwork showing he made the trade to the dealer).

You're correct, if all involved did the proper and legal thing.

Back