wrong information on court appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

missaybabay

I recieved a ticket in December. My officer notified me that i did not need to appear in court; on the ticket it also states that I did not need to appear in court. So i just paid off the ticket to get it over with. The DMV sent me back my money and said that it was a non-waiverable offense and i needed to go to court (72 in 55). By then I had already missed my schdeuled court date (the officer gave me one just in case i wanted to appeal the citation since im from out of state). When i called the court house since i was confused, i told her that both pieces of informantion said two different things. The ticket said "do not have to appear in court-can mail in payments). The lady at the court said the issued citation was something i needed to appear for. Is it a possibility that i can get this ticket dissmissed.. and what is the truth? Do i need to appear in court?! (state of north carolina)

In North carolina anything 15mph and over can mean suspension of your license and is a mandatory court appearance. Don't understand why the DMV sent you your money back since you pay the court, not the DMV.

Either set a court appearance or retain an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back