Wrong bill and ignoring me

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Jurisdiction
Ohio
*Without going into too much detail, I'm going to try to make this as short as possible, but basically I don't know what to do at this point? Do I ignore the bill and if it hurts my credit score take them to court? Do I contact a lawyer or is there somewhere else I can get more legal advice?*

The problem I am having is that a health care company gave me a wrong bill in the mail. I called the billing dept on the paper to complain about 2 things.
1) They put me underneath my mom when I am over 20 years old
2) They said it was a out of patient visit, but it was suppose to be a regular visit for a physical check up which I get free through my health insurance.

The billing dept said they would take care of problem number 1, but could not fix number 2 because the health care company would have to fix the codes to reflect for a regular visit for a physical. The billing dept said on my behalf they will call the health care company to get it fixed. The billing dept called them a total of 3 times over 3 weeks, yet was never given a response from the company.

I called the health care company and left a message to the coder. This coder was suppose to fix the problem according to the billing dept. One week passed, no response. So I left a message for the admin and the coder again. A couple days passed, so I then contacted the billing dept asking them what to do because they are not responding to me either. The billing dept then contacted the health care company again and on that following Friday I got a voice message that I immediately returned.

Me and the coder spoke to each other. She told me both the doctor and the person who I set up the appointment for said it was a visit for a stomach problem even though I clearly said I was doing a regular visit for a physical. She said the doctor is on vacation and to call her back next Friday. At that time, she said she would give me a resolution. So of course I call her back and left a message with great details. I also asked for her to leave me a voice message with detail as well. Another week has passed and still no response...

In total, I have been dealing with this for roughly 5 to 7 weeks.

There's nothing anyone can do for you.
This is one of those life issues you'll have to EAT, or seek a resolution using your best negotiating and BEGGING skills.

Put it all in writing(brief and to the point).Send a copy to all parties by certified mail. In your letter state very affirmatively that you expect this to get corrected and that you have no intention of paying this bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back