Appeal, Pardon, Motion, Writ "Writ"?

kalielaynastar

I have a friend who was addicted to heroin. During the past several months, she ended up breaking into 30 houses in two different counties (18 in Madison county and 12 in Buncombe county). She was arrested by Madison county Sheriffs Dept about 3 weeks ago and being held on a $25,000 bond. Yesterday, 6/16/15, she was able to get someone to put up the $25,000 bond to get her out. Before she was even released (after paying the bond) she was transferred to Buncombe county. When I called to ask what happened, I was told that she was on a writ in Buncombe county. I checked with the Buncombe county inmate website, and it says "no bond" under the bond amount. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what all this means. What does it mean to be "on a writ in Buncombe county"? Why does it say "no bond" under the amount? Does it mean that she can't bond out this time? Thanks in advance!!

I have a friend who was addicted to heroin. During the past several months, she ended up breaking into 30 houses in two different counties (18 in Madison county and 12 in Buncombe county). She was arrested by Madison county Sheriffs Dept about 3 weeks ago and being held on a $25,000 bond. Yesterday, 6/16/15, she was able to get someone to put up the $25,000 bond to get her out. Before she was even released (after paying the bond) she was transferred to Buncombe county. When I called to ask what happened, I was told that she was on a writ in Buncombe county. I checked with the Buncombe county inmate website, and it says "no bond" under the bond amount. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what all this means. What does it mean to be "on a writ in Buncombe county"? Why does it say "no bond" under the amount? Does it mean that she can't bond out this time? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, before paying money (or having someone pay money) to bail out, make sure you have no other warrants outstanding.

The other county, where she allegedly committed other burglaries has indicted her or charged her, too.
In that county, the judge may have specified in the warrant, no bond.
That can be challenged at a bail hearing after she has been arraigned for the charges in the other county.
In many cases, your attorney can argue that a bond be set.
So, hand on, there will be more to this story coming.

Her hired lawyer or appointed public defender should be able to help her out & answer questions.

Is it possible that the judge just hasn't set a bond amount yet or she will be able to bond out without having to pay anything?

Yes, as its a felony (several felonies being charged), she would normally have to see a judge.
A judge can sometimes set a bond amount to facilitate the release of a suspect if he or she is caught outside of the judge's county.
In her case, she will be arraigned, and a bond amount made known during the arraignment.
The easiest thing to do is work with a bondsman or bail bond agency.
That way, you'll be up to date on what the bond is, or if there is no bond.

You can also find our more here, the inmate website for that county, and their mugshots and bond details:

http://bcsd.p2c.buncombecounty.org/jailinmates.aspx

Back