wreckless in N.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infidel

Last nite a person was tailgating my wife and I so she gave them a hard dose of the brake pedal the person rode on our butts with there high beams on and sped off when we turned into the club we were heading to. Appoximatley 45 min's later three cops approached us and asked if the car outside was ours we said yes and they rudely asked us to go outside.They asked us what were doing cutting off a car and driving aggressive. The officers were very angry and rude and an argument had broke out with me an the one cop.He told me that I was spotted driving the car and if I did not give him our side of the story he would write me up.I was visibly intoxicated and he kept pushing the issue. I was mourning the death of my best friend 3 days earlier and told him that but he did not want to here it and kept up his insistance that a witness saw me driving the car, even though I told him several people witnessed us leave the pub together!And was laying in the reclined positioni the front seat The long and short of this mess is after a yelling match with these three fine civil servant's, I got two tickets one for wreckless driving and one for failure to yield. Even though he did not witness any event and was doing it all on a complaint from the tailgater. Is that possible? I admit I was wrong for talking back to these guys and tried to appoligize and shake there hands but they wanted no part of that and to top it off I have a class A cdl liscense and am in danger of losing my job over this!!!! Let me know if I have a chance at this?????

You probably realize this already but you really need to talk to a lawyer on this one, especially if you need to keep your cdl to maintain employment.

I suspect a good lawyer could help significantly and you definately don't want to face the officers yourself in court.

Yeah thanks robbie I just got back from the lawyer he is a former prosecutor and knows what he is doing so we'll see how it goes thanks again K

I wish you luck, wreckless can be a very serious charge (like DWI) in some areas, hate to see one bad night mess up someones life.

I learned the hard way some time ago that whenever someone rushes up on me like that it is best to just stay cool and give them room to pass by at the next safe point. You never know who's carrying a firearm now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back