Would working as a caregiver to elderly parents meet fed employment requirement?

gringodevil

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
I will be on federal probation for 10 years. It is my understanding that I will be required to work no less than 32 hours a week, despite the fact that I will be retired by that time and not in need of employment. I am trying to find out if working as a caregiver to elderly parents would meet the employment requirement. Alternately, if I were attending FT school or volunteering 32 hours a week, would that meet the requirement? Thanks!

I am trying to find out if working as a caregiver to elderly parents would meet the employment requirement.

Alternately, if I were attending FT school or volunteering 32 hours a week, would that meet the requirement?

As a federal probationer, you would be wise to address ALL of your questions to your federal probation officer.

You should first ask her or him how such questions should be addressed, in person orally or by written correspondence.

Thanks for your answers. Despite finding very detailed information on probation requirements from the federal 'source,' I cannot find anything pertaining to caregiver or FT student scenarios

Has anyone heard of someone working as caregiver or FT student in lieu of FT employment with federal probation? How about state probation/parole?

I cannot find anything pertaining to caregiver or FT student scenarios

And you won't. Laws don't drill down that far.

Has anyone heard of someone working as caregiver or FT student in lieu of FT employment with federal probation? How about state probation/parole?

Wouldn't matter if anybody else heard of it.

What matters is what YOUR judge wrote about YOUR probation requirements..

If he wrote work 32 hours a week I'm guessing he meant "get a job."

If you want that changed to something else, you'll have to go back to that judge and ask for the change.

Meantime, get a job.

Back