Quiet Enjoyment Would my neighbors be good candidates for a wellness check?

bigO

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I live in Illinois and was on a wait list since last April. The manager overseeing my application had left. I had emailed the company on their website. I also called and left a message. Unsuccessful reaching anyone. Not sure if it's because it's close to Christmas that they are out of offices?

With a similar situation. A landlord has promised to send me a application. Never got one. Gave my address by email. Is it a bad landlord if they can't even send a application? Move on?

Is it a bad landlord if they can't even send a application? Move on?

If you're encountering difficulties BEFORE you've rented a property, one can only imagine how unresponsive and unconcerned the property management will be AFTER you have entered into a contract with these unbusinesslike individuals.

I live in Illinois and was on a wait list since last April. The manager overseeing my application had left. I had emailed the company on their website. I also called and left a message. Unsuccessful reaching anyone. Not sure if it's because it's close to Christmas that they are out of offices?

With a similar situation. A landlord has promised to send me a application. Never got one. Gave my address by email. Is it a bad landlord if they can't even send a application? Move on?
What does this have to do with discrimination or sexual harassment?

Jurisdiction: Tennessee

I live in Illinois

If you live in Illinois, why is Tennessee the relevant jurisdiction?

Not sure if it's because it's close to Christmas that they are out of offices?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question, and I would hope it obvious that no one here knows why some unknown property manager hasn't responded to you.

Your post doesn't appear to raise any sort of legal issue.

BigO, has it not occurred to you that they are ignoring you because they are busy renting to local people?

Move on?

Yes.

Now that you mention it, that sounds familiar. I wonder if the OP has posted here (or down the street) previously.

My neighbor next to me continues to open and close his cabinets like crazy. I'm only putting away groceries after shopping. Seems my neighbor may have dementia or is mental. I'm only putting things away. I've complained to the manager but neighbor still acts hostile of regular noise like using cabinets.

The police give a wellness check and think my neighbor may need one.

My neighbor next to me continues to open and close his cabinets like crazy. I'm only putting away groceries after shopping. Seems my neighbor may have dementia or is mental. I'm only putting things away. I've complained to the manager but neighbor still acts hostile of regular noise like using cabinets.

OK...not sure what this has to do with your original post.

So what? Get a life and mind your business.

Your neighbor does not need a wellness. Or at least, no more than you do.

Buy 2 rolls of tinfoil. Wrap one for your neighbor and keep the other for yourself.

I dunno... I open/close cabinets at times other than putting groceries away. To grab dishes/cutlery at mealtimes (sometimes from different cabinets/drawers), to get various cookware/utensils when cooking, to grab ingredients from the fridge/cupboard/pantry (sometimes numerous times as I work through what I'm cooking), to put unused/washed dishes away, to put away herbs, etc. And then there's if I feel like a snack... None of this includes grabbing snacks for the grands, or if I have company, or when my dogs/cats are being fed...

And I don't need a wellness check.

I dunno... I open/close cabinets at times other than putting groceries away. To grab dishes/cutlery at mealtimes (sometimes from different cabinets/drawers), to get various cookware/utensils when cooking, to grab ingredients from the fridge/cupboard/pantry (sometimes numerous times as I work through what I'm cooking), to put unused/washed dishes away, to put away herbs, etc. And then there's if I feel like a snack... None of this includes grabbing snacks for the grands, or if I have company, or when my dogs/cats are being fed...

And I don't need a wellness check.
So..let me get this straight...you are saying you use your kitchen for the intended purpose...cabinets and all? o_O

So..let me get this straight...you are saying you use your kitchen for the intended purpose...cabinets and all? o_O
Aaaand...I'm not always the most organized... Where did I put that spice? Crap - I'm sure I had more (pick an ingredient)! What can I sub in? Dang, I need a(nother) glass of wine! Oh hell - they'll be here in an hour - is there enough TP in te powder room? Have the dogs been let out? And so on... Always a level of chaos!

Aaaand...I'm not always the most organized... Where did I put that spice? Crap - I'm sure I had more (pick an ingredient)! What can I sub in? Dang, I need a(nother) glass of wine! Oh hell - they'll be here in an hour - is there enough TP in te powder room? Have the dogs been let out? And so on... Always a level of chaos!
Wait! You have spice? !!! :p

Back