Worth Suing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stboerma

Hi all.

It's a long story but here it is in a nutshell:

1) Purchased single family home online back in October '05. Property was supposed to be already rented.

2) I Contacted Property Manger to manager property

3) I Contacted Insurance company (Allstate) to insure the property

4) Insurance agent had inspector look over the property

5) Inspector determined all that was needed was railing installed on back steps (~$120 including labor)

6) I Contacted Property manager and he arranged installation of railing and photos of work done to be sent to insurance agent.

7) Insurance agent received photos and insurance went in force.

8) I Contacted property manager via email and phone about receiving rents. He said there was a mixup of where the tenant was sending checks versus where the checks should be going. He was investigating.

9) Mid December '05 received last communication from the property manager.

10) I attempted many times via phone and email to contact the property manager, but he never returned my phone calls or emails.

11) I contacted a different property manager and they did a courtesy drive by. Informed me the house looked empty with a broken window.

12) Contacted my local lawyer (I live in California). He looked at my contract with the property manager. He drafted a letter for me to send via certified mail giving them 10 days upon receipt to remedy certain item, otherwise I would be canceling the contract.

13) April 12 will be when the 10 days are up and I have not heard anything from them

My question to all of you is if you think I have any basis of suing.

And if so, will it be worthwhile for me to sue?

Thanks!

--Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back