worried and don't know what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzb29

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to mediation back in April. This has yet to be signed off on by the judge. I signed these papers stating that my husband can't be around my kids. Stupid I know. Due to the fact that my ex doesn't approve of him because of his past. I would of signed anything that day because i was hurt, mad and very very stressed. my lawyer is telling me that we can't do anything to have these chgd until the judge signs off on it, and if i do push this to go back to court i would loose the case. Only thing my ex is concerned about is money and his child support was lowered drastically. Since mediation he has gotten DCS called on him for child neglect, child abuse and medical neglect. Should this not count at all if we did go back to court instead of me just agreeing to anything and everything because I'm freaking out about the "what ifs"? i just need a second opinion to put my mind at ease. please let me know what you think. thank you and i appreciate your responce in advance.

I hope you weren't the one who called DPS on him because that will look really bad for your case. If your lawyer is telling you nothing can be done then maybe it is so. But maybe he is not being paid enough to go back after the fact, especially if he feels you would lose. You could always consult with another lawyer but if your funds are limited then you have to stick with the lawyer you have.

Do two things.

Rewrite this without using pronouns.

I couldn't get past: "Due to the fact that my ex doesn't approve of him because of his past."

Also, tell us what it is you are talking about.

I didn't call DCS on him, he cut a splint off of our sons arm it was cracked in 2 places and was going to make him play in a baseball game so the team could play. the hospital called DCS. I think I will consult in a new lawyer, but I have already paid this one so much, but it really seems like he hasn't done anything for me from jump. I haven't done anything but agreed with everything my ex wants and this is what the atty has been allowing me to do because it will be the easiest way or do this and then we can fix it after the fact. I just dont understand. this is the first time i have ever went through anything like this and I'm totally ignorant to the facts. thats why i have a lawyer but it seems hes not doing anything or explaining the situations to me either. i just dont know.

i got married back in May. my ex does not like my new husband. in the past he had gotten in trouble with drugs. now hes in church and a good guy. in mediation all my ex wanted was child support lowered and for the kids not to be around new husband. my lawyer said this would be a easy way to go, so i signed the papers. since then, its been awful. i want my family back together. the lawyer says he cant do anything until it is signed off on by the judge, which has yet to happen. since ex has gotten dcs called on him by the hospital. would this not count for anything? and should i just keep signing things saying its ok for the kids not to be around new husband? lawyer said i would probably loose if we pushed to go back to court. i just wanted a second opionion and if i should find another lawyer? i just dont know what to do. sorry for the pronouns, i've never posted anything before. thanks in advance

You agreed to keep your kids away from your druggie new husband.

Is that correct?

And now you want your kids around your new husband.

Is that also correct?

Consult a new lawyer with the proof that your new husband is reformed...letters from the church, etc...

You agreed to keep your kids away from your druggie new husband.

Is that correct?

And now you want your kids around your new husband.

Is that also correct?

no my new husband is not a druggie. before i ever knew him, in his past, he was doing things he shouldn't of. he is a great guy. i would of never knew about his past if he hadn't of be so honest. hes in the choir, an usher and is very regular in church. hes not a druggie and yes i do want my kids around him. they are crazy about him.

Why does you ex-husband not want him around if all that was in the past? How did he find out? Was there an arrest and conviction record or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back