Worried about Unpaid Traffic ticket

Wilgar

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
Ok. So to make this short. I went to traffic court in December and plead guilty to my open container ticket. I still haven't paid the ticket and I would like to know if my license is suspended. Is there a bench warrant out for me. And if I went to the dmv to pay off my ticket now, would I go to jail?

Ok. So to make this short. I went to traffic court in December and plead guilty to my open container ticket. I still haven't paid the ticket and I would like to know if my license is suspended. Is there a bench warrant out for me. And if I went to the dmv to pay off my ticket now, would I go to jail?

If you have fines you agreed to pay, but failed to pay, generally the court issues a warrant.

In most cases, your DL is suspended.

Call DMV, or in some states you can check yourself on line, to see if you are suspended.

Call the court to see if you have a warrant.

If its a garbage offense, the court will allow you to come in, make payment arrangements, or pay it in full without further penalty.

Bottom line, the government only wants the money you owe them mate, not your old carcass.

If bet that your DL is not suspended YET.
This is not something you will go to jail for so don't be afraid to show up and pay the fine. Take care of it before the suspension to avoid even more fees.

Back