Workplace Intimidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmichael

During a shift change yesterday at work in Northern California, my immediate supervisor flew off the handle at me without just cause. He chastised me in front of the public and at least 6 coworkers. He yelled "I told you to close and you didn't close". I had already done as he requested, and had closed my station.

He blocked my path as I tried to walk down the hallway to the office. I passed around him, and he then proceeded to follow me down a hallway toward the office. I stepped into the office (very small room, single exit) of our manager (to turn in my bank; day manager and night manager where present). After I handed "my bank" to the manager I turned to leave and my immediate supervisor blocked the exit and pressed his chest up against mine, and screamed "why don't you hit me, I know you hate me".

First off; I don't hate this person even now. To me he has been an icon in our industry, and had always had great respect for him. Today I was sincerely afraid to go to work, and to make matters worse, once at work my manager re-assigned me to a place which is segregated from everyone else causing me to feel like I was the one who was wrong. My wife, who is a former paralegal, believes I should file a police report. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thank You,

Michael H.

Nothing you have posted violates any employment laws.

You can file a police report if you want to, but given that all he did was act like a jerk (you were not physically assaulted by your description) I doubt that they will take any action.

It is not illegal to be a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back