wORKMANS COMP INJURY CONTNIUED

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypassion2

This is my third thread on my injury, and since "Beth" has helped me out before I hope I can relay on her again. Ok here's the story as of today. My cat scan came back, from my work related injury I have spinal Stenois, which involves major surgery to the inside of the spinal column.
I found out I have a claim # with the Arrow Insurance company, and I have a Case manager, of course he wasn't availbale to talk with me.
Now this is getting serious, this operation is risky to say the least, and I still can't get around very well. My life style has changed, I can't ride my motorcycle anymore because it hurts when I hit a bump.

I have attempted 3 times now to get an attorney involved in this, but she never returns my phone calls, and from what I understand she is the best in my area, Western Massachusetts.

So should I just keep calling this case manager, or should I find another attorney, because I have a feeling that this injury has put me out to pasture. My job for 30 years has been an electrician, and that involves lifting, bending, and looking up, NONe of which I can do Now!
My question is, if this injury keeps me from ever working again, how long is workmans comp going to pay?, can I get SSI, and should I be thinking of a lawsuit against my former employer?
Thanks for whoever answers this

Hi, you'll probably get more replies or help to your threads, if you keep them all in one ;) Just click new reply at the bottom of the last person's response ;)

Just from local, personal experience, if this is a proven, work re-lated injury.

Your employer, as well as the WC, will try to deny your claim. It's money, they do that. At first go, again, if it's a proven, no-doubt, work only injury, the company insurance may offer you lost wages, medical bills, and whatever you wish for pain and suffering. That's to settle with you, and you return to work. They will buck, if you mention surgery.
Please try some links on the main site, to possibly find another person to represent your case. Also, DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT. All doctor visits, expenses, memories of a bad day......

My friend that is dealing with this atm, seems to be in the same "stages" as you, I'll try to post his learnings in the future :)

"So should I just keep calling this case manager, or should I find another attorney" You should do both.

You need to talk to the case manager and you need legal counsel. If this attorney isn't returning your phone calls, then contact other WC attornies in your area.

Workman's Comp Issue

I want to thank "Beth" whoever you are for steering me in the right direction. I have found a very good WC Attorney, and they work on a 20% commission.
The bad news is I have Spinal Stenosis, the pain has gotten so bad I can't do anything except go from my bedroom to the living room.
Much worst is the fact that I have no income, and have a $1200.00 mortgage payment coming up!!

Can anyone tell me how long these cases take before they pay?

"Can anyone tell me how long these cases take before they pay?" There is absolutely no way to determine that as there are a myriad of issues involved. You should discuss this with your attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back