Working abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanSA

Hi, im studying for my LLB degree in South Africa at this moment. I am thinking of leaving the country once I have obtained my degree, but I have not yet decided where to go. Any advice as to where the best oppertunities may be, would be appreciated.

We really can't answer in any meaningful way, I'm afraid.

Much will depend on what you wish to do, and the requirements of any particular country.

Is there anyone at your college/university that can help you with questions like that?

Your non-US law degree will have little value in the US.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I am aware that I cannot do much with a non-US law degree in the US. But I am also aware of certain bridging courses, and I am more than willing to do that. I am particularly fond of criminal law, but I am also interested in civil procedure.

Is there anyone you know practicing law in the fields you are interested in you can talk to? Maybe someone at your university can help answer some of your questions. As noted previously, different countries have different requirements. (even different states in the US can have different requirements re foreign degrees)

Last edited:
I am aware that I cannot do much with a non-US law degree in the US. But I am also aware of certain bridging courses, and I am more than willing to do that. I am particularly fond of criminal law, but I am also interested in civil procedure.

Then you SHOULD know that each of the 50 US States, the District of Columbia, and ALL US Territories have their OWN licensing requirements.

I suggest you review those requirements for NON-US educated lawyers (with bar admission in their jurisdictions) by searching the websites of the states or territories that interest you.

You could also visit or contact the American Bar Association which can provide you with some useful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back