Workers Compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshaf

I have been having problems with my hand. I thought it might be the way I was sleeping on it. Or something I was doing wrong? All I knew was that it hurt more and more later in the week. Waking me up at night-in pain. So, I reported it at work, went to the doctor. They diagnosis was Carpal Tunnel with Tenosynovitis. Now the battle is on! TWCC is saying since, I didn't report this within the 30 days. NOT COVERED. But, I didn't know I had this Carpal Tunnel. I knew my hand would fall asleep at night. Like I said I thought it was something I was doing wrong. But here lately, pulling the airbrake the pain is worse. The tingling pain at night still wakes me up.
So, is there still something I can do-to get treatment through workers compensation? Or should I get a attorney? I have not lost any time at work due to injury.

You should look at the fine print. If you didn't know you had an injury then you couldn't report it. Additionally, you could argue that the date of the injury was this past Friday because continuing your work is what caused the injury. It's not like you had a fall at the workplace and that incident was not reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back