worked in midland MI, home office in Boston Ma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

Worked at a Big Box retail store for 12 years as a store manager. Was transferred to a under performing store in Feb of 07 to get the store in shape and up to company standards, I would still be responsible for old stores inventory number as well as new stores number. Old store had inventory in late June and it was very bad. I was told by loss prevention and District manager that it would be researched and they would let me know final numbers. On July 22nd I was told by loss prevention and district manager that I was being investigated for improper inventory practices and was interviewed for 5 hours. During that time I admitted to breaking two company policies (I was told by district manager that these were small violations and I would probably be documented for them) but no improper inventory practices were found but they would be investigating further. I worked for the next four days without hearing anything then on the fifth day I was asked to come to a different store to review results. When I arrived at the store I was told by human resources (via phone) and district manager that I was being terminated for violation of company policy. My paper work that was signed by my district manager and myself stated I was being fired for "violation of company policy" it didn't state what policy or what I had done. When I filed for unemployment I was sent a letter from the unemployment office saying I was fired for theft and my unemployment was under review. I then received a letter (weeks later) that stated my unemployment was approved because the company could provide no documentation on proof of theft. My question is will other employers find out that I was terminated for theft? Must companies do a full back ground check and it is listed that I was terminated due to theft even though my paper work does not state this. What can I do?

It is impossible to say what other employers will find out. The law does not require a full background check; the law does not prohibit it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back