Work schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo23

I'm writing because during my mediation the mediator made it a issue of my working from 4am -1pm because my son might be attending preschool pending he be potty trained...is this right???

I don't know what mediation you're talking about or what you are asking is "right" but your employer has absolutely no legal obligation to schedule you around your son's preschool hours.

OP, are you saying that the mediator thinks working 4am-1pm indicates that you may not be suitable for primary custody compared to the other parent?

How far along in the process are you? And are there any current orders in place?

I don't know what mediation you're talking about or what you are asking is "right" but your employer has absolutely no legal obligation to schedule you around your son's preschool hours.

Given this is posted under "custody", I'm going with custody mediation ;)

OP, are you saying that the mediator thinks working 4am-1pm indicates that you may not be suitable for primary custody compared to the other parent?

How far along in the process are you? And are there any current orders in place?
Yes, the mediator made it a big deal and I explained to him that my own mother would be able to take my son to preschool and I could pick him up...is this right? And I don't feel like that's right how he made me seem like the dead beat with my work schedule when I've always made everything work to fit around my son...she's the one that makes excuses..

Well she filed the paper work 1st when I had planned to file but my son health was acting up so I stopped so I could focus on him getting better but she went ahead and filed. She just wanted to claim him for taxes as we have gotten into argument where she's saying that the tax money was hers...and I disagreed and claimed him the past 3 years. But the court made us do every other year she claims him starting this year and our schedule has now been I get him Wednesday 2pm till Sunday 2pm.

Given your work schedule, Mom actually has a chance of getting custody changed if you're working that shift during the weekend hours especially.

I think you need to do whatever it takes to hire an attorney. Immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back