Work place hostility and indifference

Travis Densmore

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hell, my name is Travis. I do have a number of issues and concerns that have been going on for approximately three months give or take. One of them is concerning my attendance. Basically for this one to make a long story short I was speaking with my team lead regarding my attendance and wanting to know how the attendance policy works she informed me how the attendance policy worked basically as long as I had paid time off days available I would be covered without any occurrence. Now I come to find Is that my own supervisor provided me with incorrect information and I simply was given occurrences for my days off. I then brought this up to the TL on how she provided the wrong information and that she needs to take this to human resources in order to get it resolved so I can have the occurrences removed, the team lead recently quit before resolving the issue. During my conversation with the team lead regarding my attendance she did get sad started to cry so I am under the impression t that it is why she quit feeling that she could be in some type of trouble however I am not Certain if that is the exact reason however it makes total sense. Just recently a new team lead has been assigned to me and for this, to make a long story short, he and I on the other hand have a real good relationship. He has come to me letting me know that he has been doing the overwhelming task of collecting the proper data for attendance occurrences and at this point has found that there are a lot of individuals that should have been basically fired at this time that proper attendance occurrences weren't recorded at up most some employees with only four occurrences when they should have 14 Occurrences. So basically my issue with the attendance occurrences after going to HR and the main boss of the building I've been told that there is nothing they can do about it and I should not of listen to my team lead and paid attention to the attendance policy, I therefore explain to them that I am trusted the advice that my team lead gave me and it backfired on me and I also attempted to explain that I have not been given the same treatment for attendance as others. My current team lead has also informed me that I am not the only one with this issue and there have been many other employees that have told them that team leads are giving them incorrect information so therefore I am not by myself.

Now with the other issue, I have reported on four occasions or more issues involving employees being intoxicated and or under the influence of a controlled substance to make a long story short, I reported it to the first team lead that as I mentioned in the previous paragraph, she is no longer with the company. I have had employees spill alcoholic beverages on me and become very hostile and irate under the influence of a controlled substance. When I brought this up to my human resources department as well as the main boss of the building for the company, As well as 3 other supervisors, their response was basically asking me how I knew what the substance was and how I I also knew that they would be under the influence of something I basically stated due to smell and the redness of their eyes and the way they carry themselves in an aggressive manner the four individuals they were part of the human resources department and the manager Did nothing to help me they were very disrespectful and asked if I had drug tested my coworkers to find out when simply I was reporting the issue my boss looked at me and said that he would like for me to Stop accusing others that are not there to Defend themselves. I Did Feel as if I was being ganged up on with no support whatsoever constant back-and-forth questions with no resolution I requested to be removed from the shift and placed on another to get away from workers like this I did mention that I was harassed by another worker and cursed that I felt as if I was being threatened they stated that the witnesses did not see it that way and there was nothing that they would do however they did ask for me to provide a statement with continuing to attack me and not once provide
Any resolution or help. So at this point I'm questioning if there is harassment, retaliation, and/or deliberate indifference as well as workplace harassment and violence or as I should say, hostility.From a legal standpoint is it worth attempting to try to do something about this?

Hell, my name is Travis. I do have a number of issues and concerns that have been going on for approximately three months give or take. One of them is concerning my attendance. Basically for this one to make a long story short I was speaking with my team lead regarding my attendance and wanting to know how the attendance policy works she informed me how the attendance policy worked basically as long as I had paid time off days available I would be covered without any occurrence. Now I come to find Is that my own supervisor provided me with incorrect information and I simply was given occurrences for my days off. I then brought this up to the TL on how she provided the wrong information and that she needs to take this to human resources in order to get it resolved so I can have the occurrences removed, the team lead recently quit before resolving the issue. During my conversation with the team lead regarding my attendance she did get sad started to cry so I am under the impression t that it is why she quit feeling that she could be in some type of trouble however I am not Certain if that is the exact reason however it makes total sense. Just recently a new team lead has been assigned to me and for this, to make a long story short, he and I on the other hand have a real good relationship. He has come to me letting me know that he has been doing the overwhelming task of collecting the proper data for attendance occurrences and at this point has found that there are a lot of individuals that should have been basically fired at this time that proper attendance occurrences weren't recorded at up most some employees with only four occurrences when they should have 14 Occurrences. So basically my issue with the attendance occurrences after going to HR and the main boss of the building I've been told that there is nothing they can do about it and I should not of listen to my team lead and paid attention to the attendance policy, I therefore explain to them that I am trusted the advice that my team lead gave me and it backfired on me and I also attempted to explain that I have not been given the same treatment for attendance as others. My current team lead has also informed me that I am not the only one with this issue and there have been many other employees that have told them that team leads are giving them incorrect information so therefore I am not by myself.

Now with the other issue, I have reported on four occasions or more issues involving employees being intoxicated and or under the influence of a controlled substance to make a long story short, I reported it to the first team lead that as I mentioned in the previous paragraph, she is no longer with the company. I have had employees spill alcoholic beverages on me and become very hostile and irate under the influence of a controlled substance. When I brought this up to my human resources department as well as the main boss of the building for the company, As well as 3 other supervisors, their response was basically asking me how I knew what the substance was and how I I also knew that they would be under the influence of something I basically stated due to smell and the redness of their eyes and the way they carry themselves in an aggressive manner the four individuals they were part of the human resources department and the manager Did nothing to help me they were very disrespectful and asked if I had drug tested my coworkers to find out when simply I was reporting the issue my boss looked at me and said that he would like for me to Stop accusing others that are not there to Defend themselves. I Did Feel as if I was being ganged up on with no support whatsoever constant back-and-forth questions with no resolution I requested to be removed from the shift and placed on another to get away from workers like this I did mention that I was harassed by another worker and cursed that I felt as if I was being threatened they stated that the witnesses did not see it that way and there was nothing that they would do however they did ask for me to provide a statement with continuing to attack me and not once provide
Any resolution or help. So at this point I'm questioning if there is harassment, retaliation, and/or deliberate indifference as well as workplace harassment and violence or as I should say, hostility.From a legal standpoint is it worth attempting to try to do something about this?
Ok. That's pretty blunt. I am not questioning your knowledge and I'm sure you are right however, you are saying it is therefore OK for employers to:
A: Refuse to not occomodate a employee and place them where they feel safe in the environment.
B: Harass workers when they report work place problems and make comments such as "did you drug test them" versus "we will come up with a solution and sorry or something, it was simply not how a HR department should respond.
C: Allow for superiors to write up who they want and not to write who they don't want, in which I honestly thought was deliberately treating me just and only how they wanted With no equality and fairness.

Ok.
A: Refuse to not occomodate a employee and place them where they feel safe in the environment.
B: Harass workers when they report work place problems and make comments such as "did you drug test them" versus "we will come up with a solution and sorry or something, it was simply not how a HR department should respond.
C: Allow for superiors to write up who they want and not to write who they don't want, in which I honestly thought was deliberately treating me just and only how they wanted With no equality and fairness.

What ALLEGEDLY happens to others is NOT your concern.

Employers do NOT have to treat everyone the same.
Billy can be paid $100/hour while you get paid $15/hour for being janitors.

Employers can't discriminate, which has nothing to do with fair or equal.

You can whine, complain, bark, or growl; bosses are gonna be bosses.

If you dislike the employment arrangement you're free to seek better pickings.

What ALLEGEDLY happens to others is NOT your concern.

Employers do NOT have to treat everyone the same.
Billy can be paid $100/hour while you get paid $15/hour for being janitors.

Employers can't discriminate, which has nothing to do with fair or equal.

You can whine, complain, bark, or growl; bosses are gonna be bosses.

If you dislike the employment arrangement you're free to seek better pickings.
Very well said! I agree. I guess I didn't really see it that way initially, which mostly has to do with my character I'd assume. You would think regulations of some sort would be established in order to prevent these types of situations and or miss treatment in the workplace. Thank you.

Back