Work permit

Melissa Bent

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My permit was delivered on December 5 2019 and I didn't receive it. Postal service has been investigating the issue since last week and still cannot provide an answer. USCIS is telling me to reapply and pay the fees again since it was never returned has undelivered. They also said I might not have enough time for reprocess and issuance because my date of employment is February.
what can be done in matter like this?

Reapply tomorrow. See if it can be expedited for an additional fee and sent with a signature requirement to make sure it's handed to you. You don't have any choice.

The more time you spend looking for recourse, the more you risk not getting it on time.

My problem is it's $500 to reapply I don't have that money now.

Reapply tomorrow. See if it can be expedited for an additional fee and sent with a signature requirement to make sure it's handed to you. You don't have any choice.

The more time you spend looking for recourse, the more you risk not getting it on time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you not have an account of some sort on the USCIS website where you can search for confirmation that the permit was issued? That identifies you and your permit number that you can print out to show? Or do you have to have the actual permit in hand to work?

I note on the USCIS website that you can apply for a fee waiver. Click on "replace an EAD."

Employment Authorization Document

Information on fee waivers at the following search results:

uscis fee waiver at DuckDuckGo

Back