Work Comp Injury causing debt harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrwatt

As a result of having been off work since February due to a Work Comp injury, I am now having credit card companies harassing me for payments even though I keep trying to explain that the situation is tied up in court. Employer will not let me return to work, nor will they terminate me and I've had no income in 3 months. Is there anything I can do to stop the harassment until I am allowed to return to work or terminated so I can find employment elsewhere?

This doesn't really belong in the workers comp forum. What you describe as harassment doesn't have anything to do with workers comp laws, and the fact that you are on workers comp does not give you protection from credit card bills. You'd probably do better posting this question in the Consumer, Credit and Collection section of this site.

We were in the same situation you are in - and the credit cards don't stop calling. I would tell them over and over again that I would pay if I could and when we get any $$ I would pay it towards the bill. One day I was on the phone for over 2 hours being switched around from person to person to see what kind of payment plan to make-ended up we didn't qualify for anything.-got to thepoint where we told them we were going to file bankruptcy and then they'd get nothing.
So- sorry to say-there isn't anything to do but wait it out.

What does this have to do with work comp?

Just wondering....

It was a workers comp injury that took me out of work, work won't let me return and I haven't received workers compensation pay, therefore no monies coming in, no money to pay bills.

You may need to file bankruptcy.

Talk to a bankruptcy lawyer.

I'm not trying to be mean about this, but the fact that it was a workers comp injury doesn't mean anything. It's still a Consumer/Credit issue, not a workers comp issue. The fact that it was a workers comp injury does not give you any kind of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back