Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Woman racially harassed me - Got charged - What is next

amore77

Jurisdiction
Maryland
My boyfriend and rented a home thru airbnb. The rental included access to the private beach. One of her neighbors started harassing us. First she said we were trespassing, then she started using racial slurs against me and stalking me and following me around. We had to go to the court to get criminal charges against this woman because the police did nothing.

The first time she started harassing us I asked her to stop(1st warning), called my landlord. My landlord told her to stop talking to us (2nd warning) and in front of my landlord she called me a racial slur.

Then she came back again. I told her to stop (third warning), she did not. She tried to take my cellphone, I told her to stop (4th warning). I told her you are making me scared (5th warning). She then proceeded to chase me out of the beach yelling racial slurs and me. She asked me if I was scared and I said YES stop (6th warning).

How many times you have to tell a person to stop talking to you?

Also my landlord, my fiance and her boyfriend told the police all this. I was running away scared for my life.

I just wanted to know what can I expect, because this experience have been the worst of my life. I would like to know what happen next and given that this is a minor offense, maybe the SA will just drop it?

I want this to go through and this lady to be prosecuted. Also, she seem to be out of her mind, given that I filed charges against her, can she file anything against me?

My boyfriend and rented a home thru airbnb. The rental included access to the private beach. One of her neighbors started harassing us. First she said we were trespassing, then she started using racial slurs against me and stalking me and following me around. We had to go to the court to get criminal charges against this woman because the police did nothing.

The first time she started harassing us I asked her to stop(1st warning), called my landlord. My landlord told her to stop talking to us (2nd warning) and in front of my landlord she called me a racial slur.

Then she came back again. I told her to stop (third warning), she did not. She tried to take my cellphone, I told her to stop (4th warning). I told her you are making me scared (5th warning). She then proceeded to chase me out of the beach yelling racial slurs and me. She asked me if I was scared and I said YES stop (6th warning).

How many times you have to tell a person to stop talking to you?

Also my landlord, my fiance and her boyfriend told the police all this. I was running away scared for my life.

I just wanted to know what can I expect, because this experience have been the worst of my life. I would like to know what happen next and given that this is a minor offense, maybe the SA will just drop it?

I want this to go through and this lady to be prosecuted. Also, she seem to be out of her mind, given that I filed charges against her, can she file anything against me?

You've reported the incident, the prosecutor will decide what happens next.
If she is charged, she could be arrested, she'll be asked to come in voluntarily (or the police might pick her up), eventually she'll be processed, given a court date, you'll be notified, and the judge and jury will eventually decide.

Yes, she can see if the state will prosecute you.
That often happens in cases such as these.

My advice is always the same, IGNORE people like this one.

Just keep your distance, and pretend he , she, or they don't exist.

Who knows what will happen in your vase?

Whatever happens, if the case is prosecuted, you'll be notified.
If you are eventually prosecuted, you'll be notified.

That's why its always better just absent yourself from the presence of these kinds of people.

You were trying to relax, now you're dealing with the criminal justice system, and its always a free for all when you allow others to get involved in your life.

Not much you can do now but wait.

If the woman is mentally ill, most likely the prosecutor will decline to do anything.
If that happens, I suggest you do the same.
Life is too short to allow others to tie your life into knots!!!

what could I possibly be prosecuted for?

Thanks! I appreciate your help! I was trying to stay away but she kept coming back for more. She couldn't stop.

Also, she has already been charged.

what could I possibly be prosecuted for?

Thanks! I appreciate your help! I was trying to stay away but she kept coming back for more. She couldn't stop.

Also, she has already been charged.

Next time, just disappear, go inside, go to another location, just get gone.

I wouldn't worry about being charged, but if you were, it's be a nothing, low level misdemeanor or ordinance violation.

No need to guess, just wait, and this is why I advise people to VACATE the area, just get, as in gone like the wind!!!

Its just not worth it, plus there are so many jackballs that will stab you, shoot you, beat you with a baseball bat, or worse.

Being right, or saving face, isn't worth living your life in peace among the free people of the planet.

you are right. It is kind of an unfair thing to have to vacate an area you paid for. But I told my fiancee the same thing, our lives are worth more. She could have had attacked us.

Back