Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication With Possesion Of Marijuana as a Juvenile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1

When you are charged with poession of marijuana as a juvenlie, are they allowed to keep you on probabtion till you are 21 because the law allows so, or is there a limit since possesion of marijuana is not that bad of a crime. Consider this with that fact that a person is charged with evidence of marijuana and convicted. So what I am trying to find out today what is the most they could do to a juvenile convicted with possession of maijuana. Also I want to add, is the DA allowed to not help you with finding a job when it is court ordered?

Thank you for your help.

It will not take a long time to read, so if you may take a couple minutes out of your time and read about this situation I will appreciate it.

You don't specify what your age is currently, as well as whether or not this is your first offence? I believe all of those factors play a part.....especially the past history. You have a right to a court appointed attorney, or one through Legal Aid, that will assist you in finding out what might happen. I'm not sure if your state has "extrajudicial sanctions" in which you could find yourself doing community service, paying a fine, etc. Anything other than jail, basically. However even with probation, there is usually a limit time wise. Your best bet would be to find out what the consequences are, and how they apply in your "Young Offenders Act" (not sure if it's called the same thing where you are)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back