With held assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

necund

my father passed away a little over 2 years ago. his home and property was sold, and in his will it is stated that the assets will be split evenly between the four children of his. the executor of the will, his then-girlfriend when he died, has sold the estate, but refuses to distribute the money from the sale, or even say where it is or what shes done. last year when i saw her face to face she alluded to wanting compensation for having to get the house ready to sell [removing trash etc]. this was neither an implied or explicit agreement, and she knows it. it has been about two years that she's been sitting on this money, and it feels a lot like she's ransoming my assets. when i confronted her about the wheres and why's of the situation, hoping she might explain herself, she told me to talk to her attorney and stop talking to her. what can i do?

Talk to her attorney or better yet get your own and have the two speak. Anytime someone says "talk to my attorney" that's the best thing to do.

is that all? is it perfectly legal for her to hold someone's assets for ransom like that?

A court will decide what's legal.

Again, if you want what you believe is yours, hire an attorney to seek redress.

I suspect the money might have been squandered or secreted somewhere, but you'll only know the truth if you pursue the matter before a court of law.

No o ne is required or legally obligated to answer your questions.

Other than filing a lawsuit, I suggest you stay away from this woman.

Why does this sound like there was no court executorship obtained and this was illegally done with a POA or she had a survivorship deed?

i couldnt tell you about that because i dont know, really. she was named executor in the will, and the land was sold under the consent of myself and siblings. she absolutely did not have POA over my dad, whom was coherent and lucid until he became comatose two days before he expired. and i never saw or heard anything about a survivorship deed, would you mind explaining the gist of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back