Criminal Records, Expungement Will this forfeiture stay on my record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heycanyouheIp

(heycanyouhelp)
I was caught selling marijuana in college and I ended up cooperating with the police and the only thing they did was seize the money and it was forfeitured. I did not try to fight it or anything went to court etc. I just received mail saying that the money was finally declared for forfeitured. Will the forfeiture stay on my record and what the forfeiture was for?

So even an employer would be able to find out about my forfeiture? Is there any way to get rid of it on record?

(lookingforadvic)
I was caught selling marijuana in college and long story short I ended up cooperating with the police and I was not convicted of anything. The only legal action they did was seize the money and it was forfeitured. Ended up having to go to court for the preliminary hearing for the money (Illinois vs money amount). After a month or two I just received mail saying that the money was finally declared for forfeitured. Will the forfeiture stay on my record and what the forfeiture was for and having any impact on my future (finding a job, background check etc.) Thank you and your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Please don't post the same (or similar) question(s) in a new thread.
Your query has been addressed, so don't do this again.
If you require more help, HIRE yourself a lawyer.
Thank you.

One of the mods, AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I was caught selling marijuana in college and I ended up cooperating with the police and the only thing they did was seize the money and it was forfeitured. I did not try to fight it or anything went to court etc. I just received mail saying that the money was finally declared for forfeitured. Will the forfeiture stay on my record and what the forfeiture was for?

Any and everything you do stays on some record somewhere.
The forfeiture means the government now legally has taken your dope sales money.

So even an employer would be able to find out about my forfeiture? Is there any way to get rid of it on record?

I never said what you've typed above. I said whatever we do these days is captured by someone, somewhere.

The way to prevent these situations is simply to obey their laws.
Once you break their laws, they convict you, not much will remain secret.
I doubt that most employers would even know that somewhere a forfeiture register even exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back