Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will this affect my chances at getting a job or collegE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

so today i got some tar or something stuck to my hands after opening a door, so i headed to Walgreen's for some hand sanitizer, i decided that since i rarely use it i'd just take a quick squeeze and be on my way. so i proceeded to do that, and when i attempted to leave the store (I did not take the bottle) , i got yanked back by the store body guard?

iduno, but the point is that they didn't prosecute me with anything, but said that because i used their product without paying, it was considered unsanitary for the other customers and therefore they rationalized it as shoplifting.
they didn't prosecute me but took a picture of me and said i couldn't return to their store for another 5 years. they said only them and their.. agency would have access to it, no police record whatsoever.

so to the point, i was wondering, if i applied for a job next summer, or apply for colleges, will that record show up?

ALSO! parents weren't called so im pretty happy about that, but they said i'd be charged a fine in the mail for some times of the amount of the hand sanitizer. all i needa do is get to the mail before my parents

by the way, i'm 16, and have never shoplifted before.

You only have a criminal record if convicted of a crime. Since Police were not called and you have no pending court date I suspect that once Civil Demand is paid its over. The only record will be with the store and any Retail theft Database they might subscribe to and inputed your name in. This does not show up on a background check and one must subscribe to the aforementioned database to see the info in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back