Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will shoplifting make it harder for me to find a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivelemonde

I was caught shoplifting awhile ago. I was 14 and an employee came up to me and asked for the item back. No cops were involved but the mall security came to take down my information. I signed a contract for no trespassing (that said I couldn't enter the mall again until a set date). The manager of the store told me to stay and wait until they could contact someone (I think it had to do with sending me to court), but the security guard liked how I kept my manors, and how I gave decent apologies. He told them to let it go and took me outside to wait for my parents even when the manager refused and kept trying to put a word in about how it was store policy. Well it's been a year and the store has not contacted me, my school, or my family. Although when I was signing the papers, the security told me this was going to affect me finding a job from now on. I think he was trying to scare me so I would not continuing to shoplift. So, do they document it? Or have it in my school files? Or do people who may hire me have the ablility to view my record?

If no Police were called and you never went to court there is no record outside of store, mall and, any retail theft database they might have entered your name into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back