Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft will i go to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac1

i was charged for theft and possession of stolen property should I get a lawyer an can I go to jail?

i was charged for theft and possession of stolen property should I get a lawyer an can I go to jail?
Yes and yes.

Care to provide just a tad more detail?

- Carl

i found a snowbord worth 1bout 1100 and dident turn it in the some one reconised it and called the cops and then the chared me with theft and possession of stolen property

i found a snowbord worth 1bout 1100 and dident turn it in the some one reconised it and called the cops and then the chared me with theft and possession of stolen property
Fortunately for you, you probably cannot be charged with both the theft and the possession charge at court. Unfortunately, they are probably both felonies. (Keep in mind that some state might allow both charges, but I would think that most have them as separate and distinct acts.)

IF you could show that you "found" the snowboard (in other words, it was located somewhere that any reasonable person would presume it to have been discarded) as opposed to stole it or received it from someone who had stolen it, then you may only be guilty of a lesser offense for the misappropriation of found property (again, dependent on the laws of your state).

I would strongly recommend you consult an attorney.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back