Criminal Law Will I get deported? Adult living in US since age 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

In 2011 when I was 18 years old I was arrested and charged with Petit Theft 2nd degree misdemeanor. I plead Not Guilty and successfully completed Pretrial Diversion and my case was dropped and dismissed. Early in 2013, age 20, I was arrested and charged with grand theft 3rd degree felony. In Florida the min. amount for grand theft is 300.00. I got an attorney and since the amount was 360, she managed to get the charge reduced to a misdemeanor, and so my charge was now Petty Theft, 1st degree. I, then, plead No Contest and got a withheld of adjudication (no conviction), court fines, an impulse control class, and 30 hours of comm. serv., and 6 months of probation which I am confident I will successfully complete. I am not a US citizen, but a legal resident with a green card, expires 2017. I am in college and just want to leave the past where it is and move on in life.

In 2011 when I was 18 years old I was arrested and charged with Petit Theft 2nd degree misdemeanor. I plead Not Guilty and successfully completed Pretrial Diversion and my case was dropped and dismissed. Early in 2013, age 20, I was arrested and charged with grand theft 3rd degree felony. In Florida the min. amount for grand theft is 300.00. I got an attorney and since the amount was 360, she managed to get the charge reduced to a misdemeanor, and so my charge was now Petty Theft, 1st degree. I, then, plead No Contest and got a withheld of adjudication (no conviction), court fines, an impulse control class, and 30 hours of comm. serv., and 6 months of probation which I am confident I will successfully complete. I am not a US citizen, but a legal resident with a green card, expires 2017. I am in college and just want to leave the past where it is and move on in life.

You appear to have a problem NOT taking things that don't belong to you.

Yes, as I gaze into my legal crystal ball, I prison or deportation in your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back