Will I Be Drug Tested On PTI & If I Fail?

Jurisdiction
Florida
So I was arrested on a grand theft charge(I have never been in trouble for anything else ever) & in order to keep from getting in any more trouble I took a plead deal. 12months PTI with a 6 month early release if I follow all the rules. Will I be drug tested? Even though I didn't get in trouble for drugs & if I do, can I get in trouble for failing my first test with a small amount of TCH in my system? It takes to long to get it out of my system in time. If I do get in trouble what would happen? Will I get kicked off PTI or sent to jail?

If you are subject to drug testing it would be clearly indicated in the terms issued by the court.
If you are tested, first offense or not, it could be trouble for you.

So I was arrested on a grand theft charge(I have never been in trouble for anything else ever) & in order to keep from getting in any more trouble I took a plead deal. 12months PTI with a 6 month early release if I follow all the rules. Will I be drug tested? Even though I didn't get in trouble for drugs & if I do, can I get in trouble for failing my first test with a small amount of TCH in my system? It takes to long to get it out of my system in time. If I do get in trouble what would happen? Will I get kicked off PTI or sent to jail?

Ask your defense attorney.

In the interim, if you wish to successfully complete the program, simply OBEY ALL OF THEIR LAWS.

If you can't do that, you could end up doing time in some filthy jail.

Back