1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Will an unused F1 visa be of any problem during a H1B visa interview?

Discussion in 'Investment, Work Visa' started by fblaze, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fblaze

fblaze Law Topic Starter New Member

I live outside the US and work for an MNC. I had plans of doing my MS in the fall this year (2014) and got my F1 visa stamped in the month of May (2014). Later I had a change of mind and decided to continue at my work.So, I just deferred my admission to Spring (2015) as I found it hard to let my admission go away. Meanwhile, H1B petition that was processed by my employer was Approved and I'm now planning to attend a H1B interview this week. I would like to know
    1. Have I violated any immigration laws? Is it legal to attend two interviews in the same year?
    2. What are the possible issues that I would face during my H1B visa interview?
    Note: I have not traveled using my F1 visa

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You should address your questions to the agency that issued your visas, the nearest US Embassy or US Consulate.

3. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

Explain you obtained the F1 planning to attend school, then were hired to work in the US and have deferred your plan of attending school.