Wife from Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginya78

Hello,

I am writing because my father who is the decedent left a WILL naming me as the executor. In the WILL, he mainly spoke about the monies he is to inherit from his grandfather's estate (abestos case), to be distributed equally between his wife, his adopted grandson, his ex-wife, and his 8 children. The estate is to be set up in North Carolina...and his ashes are to be give to me. His wife, did not follow anything the WILL said...she cremated my father before we even knew his passed, and then vanished. She has now come back into the picture because my grandfather's estate is set to payoff. She has presented the courts with information suggesting my father adopted her grandson as a son, and we also found out that the wife is entitled to the first 30,000 of the estate (North Carolina law). My question is, can this be contested? My father wanted to make sure his eight biological children who he never raised because he wasn't interested in being a father, benefited from his father's estate, and didn't expect his spouse to receive anymore than what we are to receive...we are also questioning the adoption papers, and the marriage all together. I know that my father and his wife were involved with alot of fraud and even knew how to make fake ID's...I do understand the courts will make sure she has valid paperwork...but we are confused as to why my father named her grandson as a adopted grandchild in the WILL but now all of a sudden she is saying he adopted her grandson as a SON.

Any advice would definately help..and soon!!

Thanks...

Hire a estate attorney to look into this before the payoff happens. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back