Who's is it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought an old church over 3 years ago. At the time I understood that most all the property left in the building was to be mine after closing. The the congregation gathered up a bunch of stuff they didn't want to be sold with the building and put it in the storage space in the building that they rent from me.now they are claiming that they still own a lot of stuff in the building that is not in their storage space and that I thought was now mine. They are stating that they never agreed to sell me those items when I bought the building can they leaglly take them from me?

I bought an old church over 3 years ago. At the time I understood that most all the property left in the building was to be mine after closing. The the congregation gathered up a bunch of stuff they didn't want to be sold with the building and put it in the storage space in the building that they rent from me.now they are claiming that they still own a lot of stuff in the building that is not in their storage space and that I thought was now mine. They are stating that they never agreed to sell me those items when I bought the building can they leaglly take them from me?

Hopefully your purchase contract delineated what items would be theirs, and what would be yours.
Barring the agreement wasn't reduced to writing, prepare to litigate the matter.
Or, be smart and let them take the junk they want.
If you go that route, make sure its agreed to in writing and that after they "pick and choose", it's over!

They should not enter the building without your permission. If they want the items they would need to go through the court. Somewhere in your purchase documents it should indicate the contents of the building were part of the sale, but even if not, after 3 years they don't have much of a claim to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back