who should be responsible for fixing my car??

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousinga

Hello,
My brother-n-law is a mechanic....I took my car to him b'c it needed a new water pump...he told me to bring it to him b'c the first mechanic I took it to (b-n-l had been really busy with other customers cars) after I told him the guy was going to charge me $1500.00........after I took the car and paid the $1500.00 (before I got my car back), I drove it home from his shop....it was smoking reall bad, just like before.....he came back to my house and towed the car back to his shop....the next day he told me he had fixed it. The problem was all the oil build up on the engine his other mechanic discovered as he was working on putting the water pump in originally. This time the b\n/l actually did work on it in doing the "clean up"......he called me and told me the car was ready....I asked him to drive it first and call me to confirm there was no more smoking.....he went down the highway and called me 20 minutes later to tell me the engine had shut down:eek: i was shocked, needless to say.....now 3 months after taking my car there originally I still don't have my car......he contacted the insurance co and they said they weren't responsible even though he had insurance for the business. He took the letter to a lawyer but I haven't heard anymore.......What should I do? I have been driving my sisters car since the beginning........Shouldn't my car be fixed irregardless?????

You can file suit against your BIL but it doesn't sound like that was the problem. Sludge buildup has been a common problem in several particular makes of automobile resulting in engine failure. I suggest doing a search on your particular vehicle. If you file suit you will have to prove that he did something wrong. Doesn't sound like you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back