Who owns Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar1961

I own a house jointly with my mother. When we put the home up for sale, mom agreed to swap free

standing stoves with my sister so that when the house was shown, or eventually sold, the buyer would

not see/expect the original stove to go with the house. At that point, the house was facing

foreclosure. We managed to successfully get a loan modification and are current on the mortgage. Now my

sister refuses to swap the stoves back. Do I have any legal recourse?

Do you really want to take your sister to court? Was the original intent for your sister to keep the stove? It sounds to me like you gave her the stove, then your circumstances changed so now you're trying to get it back. The legal system doesn't need to be clogged up with this type of non-sense. Let your sister keep the stove and keep the family peace.

Would you really take your sister to court over a stove & in the circumstances you described? Let her have it.

I own a house jointly with my mother. When we put the home up for sale, mom agreed to swap free

standing stoves with my sister so that when the house was shown, or eventually sold, the buyer would

not see/expect the original stove to go with the house. At that point, the house was facing

foreclosure. We managed to successfully get a loan modification and are current on the mortgage. Now my

sister refuses to swap the stoves back. Do I have any legal recourse?

If there is NOTHING in writing to prove she was simply "safekeeping" the stoves you exchanged, she now owns the better stove.

Here's a thought, buy yourself a NEW stove.

You shop around, you'll find yourself a darn good one, priced far cheaper than you might imagine.

But, why bother, if the one you now have works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back