Who oversees caseworkers or staff at DFCS

jdbosby

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My question is where do you complain when you know a case worker is making it a personal case to keep children from their mother. The mother is bipolar, but that's not a crime, the mother is dirt poor only getting SSI, still no crime and the mother has never harmed her children. She actually ask for them to be in respite care 3 years ago while she got her medications adjusted. (She had been off her bipolar medication for 2 years while having two babies and no one; the ob/gyn doctors and/her mental health doctors wanted to take the responsibility of monitoring her, so she went off on her own not to harm her babies) She didn't know that was what she needed, she only knew a doctor said she was suffering from postpartum depression and she needed to get back on her bipolar medication ASAP! Which she tried to do, she reached out to DFCS and they told her since she didn't have a case they couldn't help her, so she contacted family and they didn't have time for her so she called DFCS and told them she was in crisis and needed help, so they told her about the respite care and told her once she came out she would be able to get her kids back, but 4 days later she was told she couldn't have her kids. So when do you ask for help and spend 3 years fighting to get your kids back in a system they never should of been in nor would of been in if this young lady had family support in Ga, no mental illness and had a little money. But my concerns is that there is a worker that has done everything in her power to avoid reports that the mother has done everything DFCS has asked and then some. In 3 years she has acted out but because of the case and the frustrations of feeling hopeless and helpless. Every time she think she is getting ahead the rug is pulled back out from under her. I need help to help me help her get her kids back, now they want to terminate her rights because the kids has been in the system to long....please help me, yes there is more to this story, but I don't have to to give you a day by day of what I have witnessed for the past 18 months

My question is where do you complain when you know a case worker is making it a personal case to keep children from their mother. The mother is bipolar, but that's not a crime, the mother is dirt poor only getting SSI, still no crime and the mother has never harmed her children. She actually ask for them to be in respite care 3 years ago while she got her medications adjusted. (She had been off her bipolar medication for 2 years while having two babies and no one; the ob/gyn doctors and/her mental health doctors wanted to take the responsibility of monitoring her, so she went off on her own not to harm her babies) She didn't know that was what she needed, she only knew a doctor said she was suffering from postpartum depression and she needed to get back on her bipolar medication ASAP! Which she tried to do, she reached out to DFCS and they told her since she didn't have a case they couldn't help her, so she contacted family and they didn't have time for her so she called DFCS and told them she was in crisis and needed help, so they told her about the respite care and told her once she came out she would be able to get her kids back, but 4 days later she was told she couldn't have her kids. So when do you ask for help and spend 3 years fighting to get your kids back in a system they never should of been in nor would of been in if this young lady had family support in Ga, no mental illness and had a little money. But my concerns is that there is a worker that has done everything in her power to avoid reports that the mother has done everything DFCS has asked and then some. In 3 years she has acted out but because of the case and the frustrations of feeling hopeless and helpless. Every time she think she is getting ahead the rug is pulled back out from under her. I need help to help me help her get her kids back, now they want to terminate her rights because the kids has been in the system to long....please help me, yes there is more to this story, but I don't have to to give you a day by day of what I have witnessed for the past 18 months

Get a lawyer.

This "friend" isn't entitled to family support, has a mental illness, and does not have any money. She voluntarily turned her children over to DFCS. I guarantee you she was not stable 4 days later. Psychotropic drugs do not work instantly. You leave out a lot of details such as her current living situation, state of her health, and what she has done to date to get the children back. I guarantee you that if she has spent the past 3 years "acting out" as you put it, she has done herself no favors.

"In 3 years she has acted out but because of the case and the frustrations of feeling hopeless and helpless."

Then she's not doing what she is supposed to do if she has "acted out." Your "friend" needs a lawyer.

Back