Who is Great Seneca? I am being garnished and no one can tell me why

Status
Not open for further replies.

deew4092

Can someone please help me!!! I received my paycheck yesterday and noticed that my wages are being garnished by a company called Great Seneca. I was given a phone number by HR and was told to contact the attorney listed on the garnishment. The legal aid was so rude and wouldn't tell me anything other than I owe over $15,000 from 1998 and that the Companies name was Great Seneca. She wouldn't tell me why I owe or what this originated from.
I make $9.00 an hour and I have a daughter and 2 small grandchildren who I and helping to raise. I work 160 hrs a pay period to make ends meet and there is no way that I can pay these people 25% of my wages every 2 weeks.
I broke down and cried and prayed to GOD that this was a mistake. I don't know what to do from here...

Can someone please help me!!

You won't like the answer, but the truth is the truth.

It seems Great Seneca probably bought an old debt, that you didn't pay off.

Great Seneca appears to be a scavenger, debt collections business.

You were probably sued, and defaulted.

Or, they lied and are using the legal system to scam you.

You might want to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer.

You probably should have filed BK years ago.

It might not be too late, and is probably the only legal option available to you (as well as the cheapest).

Read all about them:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/collect...anci/great-seneca-financial-corpera-d4376.htm

You need to find out if a judgment has been made against you. This would likely show on your credit report and have all the info you need.
If so, you will need to go to court to prove the debt is not yours or that you were never given notice of the hearing.

deew4092, you titled your thread: Missouri Who is Great Seneca? I am being garnished and no one can tell me why.

If you live in Mo. - these wage garnishment exemptions apply: Missouri: Wage garnishment exemption is 90% of weeks net pay for head of household and a single person without dependents is 75%

However; as suggested by mightymoose, I would first find out if a judgment was made against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back