Criminal Records, Expungement Who can obtain personal criminal records legally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone obtain personal criminal records legally?
In California state criminal offender records are not available to the general public. However, you CAN contact a specific court or go online and ask for any records pertaining to a subject. And, of course, there are online background companies who will gather up and provide you with what they can find from the public documents for a fee.

thank you very much but where do i start the precedure i feel like ive been violated and especially my daughter and my grandkids have been deprived of me and that is the most important fact. I only want to know where to go from here

thank you very much but where do i start the precedure i feel like ive been violated and especially my daughter and my grandkids have been deprived of me and that is the most important fact. I only want to know where to go from here
Start what procedure?

If you are looking for some sort of criminal record then you should start with the local court house where the person lives and see if they have any record there. If they have a website you can find out general information that way. You can also use Google to find companies that provide background checks and public records checks for a fee. Those companies will likely only have records going back 7 years for most instances.

If somebody obtained your criminal history then it is not necessarily illegal. It is public information. Anyone that wants to take the time to search through court records can dig things up. The only way for you to keep it private is to have your records sealed or expunged.

There is no procedure for you to begin... there hasn't been any kind of violation.

If you are having an issue with a son/daughter over visitation with your grandchildren then your best approach is to work out your differences with your son/daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back