which will is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkin336

My father passed away 2 years ago, he had a will but we did not activate it because we couldn't afford to pay his debt. Now his brother claims to have found a will where he is the executor. We believe this to be an old will.
My question is if we have the newer version of the will but didn't activate it,
does that make his will that he apparently activated the legal one?

We removed some things from our fathers house and his brother is trying to get it all back from us. Can he do this? He claims to have a list of all the things we supposively took, but has not listed one item. He has sent us certified letters from an attourney that gives us only days to appear in court for a hearing.
I'm in need of some good advise, please help:confused:

What do you mean, "activate"? Whichever will is valid under the laws of your jurisdiction and executed last is the governing instrument.
We removed some things from our fathers house and his brother is trying to get it all back from us. Can he do this?

He can certainly try. And if he can successfully probate the will he has, and he is entitled under it to the items you took from the house, then he will succeed.

He claims to have a list of all the things we supposively took, but has not listed one item. He has sent us certified letters from an attourney that gives us only days to appear in court for a hearing.
I'm in need of some good advise, please help

Talk to a lawyer. You will need to probate the will you believe to be his last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back