Where is my Stay Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

whymeinsc

I recently worked for a company that has offices throughout the United States. While working at one location, it was determined that the location would be sold and all employees would be let go and then rehired according to the buyers needs. Ultimately, all salaried employees were offered a bonus of 8 weeks pay to stay on until the sale was complete. Although I was an hourly employee (work in IT), I was offered the same bonus, only verbally. I was then asked to transfer to another location within the same company (move from Orlando to SC) but only under the conditions that I stayed and supported the current market until the sale of the Orlando location was complete. After more pressure came from the SC location to come there now or lose the opportunity, it was agreed upon that I could leave Orlando and return weekly or as needed to continue support. Long story short, shortly after my departure, even though I continued to support the Orlando location from SC and return at least once a week, I was told I would not receive my bonus anymore. After much grief, the company provided me with $1000 of the $5760 that was owed. With this agreement being made, and being that I did not leave by choice but only after my company basically gave me an ultimatum, and I upheld my end of the bargain, is the initial verbal agreement bindig enough for me to take further action??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back